Sr. Network Engineer
Our development team is comprised of game industry veterans with decades of combined experience across engineering, art, production and design. Based out of San Diego, California, our team has previously created and worked on some of the most recognizable and loved properties across nearly every platform and device. While we love playing games, we love making them even more.
Our goal is to empower our people to become the world-class game developers they were meant to be.
This role requires knowledge of networking behaviors including synchronization, authority, determinism, replication, prediction, latency, and bandwidth.
- Implement high performance networking code solutions for both client-side and server-side game logic
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for new gameplay features and data collection
- Collaborate with other engineers to create or direct the game’s network replication
- Instrument, profile, analyze, and optimize network game traffic
- Optimize low-level networking systems to improve latency
- Maintain and extend documentation on network-oriented features and systems
- Debug and optimize existing networking gameplay
- Educate content creators and gameplay engineers on how to maximize network reliability and replication
- Establishing a quality bar for networking standards within future Nant Games Projects.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related area
- 3+ years of experience in C/C++/C#
- Shipped at least 1-2 games doing network-oriented engineering for console or mobile platforms
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Experience working with and engineering databases; MongoDB, PostgreSQL etc.
- Excellent debugging skills within a networked environment
- Designing implementation and using Web APIs such as REST
- Understanding of TCP/UDP networking protocols, packet compositing and ordering, sockets.
- Proficiency in database modeling and access libraries
- Proficiency in client-server networking architecture, network protocols, and peer-to-peer architectures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of a team
- Self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented