Technical Director (Client)
We are looking for a Technical Director with a drive for best-in-class game system development and a passion for technical excellence. You will have passion for technical leadership and are looking for an opportunity to be a leader in the development of exciting game projects.
- Drive and lead the engineering team when discussions about architecture and method of implementation are shared.
- Be the point of contact for engineering requests both within the engineering team and to the larger development team
- Lead other engineers to help plan the company’s long-term engineering roadmap and helping identify areas of improvement
- Be a primary resource for other engineers as pertains to mentoring, code reviews and best practices.
- Be a high-level contributor to the games codebase by assuming ownership of large systems for implementation.
- Supervise and participate-in all projects from staffing, technology/tools choices, risks evaluation, dependencies with other projects to ensure the best quality is achieved
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and how they can benefit the studio
- Architect and participate in implementing all the different game modules and systems
- Architect and participate in the implementation and maintenance of potential non game specific systems used by content creators (extensions to engines, tools, build systems, pipeline improvements)
- Work closely with department leads to identify and set technical restrictions and ensure the team adheres to them
- 10+ years programming experience.
- 3+ Shipped titles (PC, Mobile, Console)
- Expert level experience with Unity, C#.
- A history of implementing software architecture and shipping commercially successful products in Unity.
- Demonstrated expertise in any of the following specialties: gameplay, physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization, analytics, geolocation, 3D Math
- Demonstrated command of applicable programming languages and a thorough knowledge of software design practices including modularity, event-driven architecture object-oriented design, graphics and animation techniques, portability, extensibility and testability.
- Demonstrated fluency in at least two of the following: C#, Java, C++, Objective-C, ActionScript 3, major scripting languages.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability quickly diagnose potential flaws in a system while suggesting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to use software best practices to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Strong skills in terms of identifying and articulating goals and risks to management
- Team player with strong influencing skills.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with VCS and project planning software packages (Git, Jira, etc.)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience working in Unity 2018.x
- Mobile development experience (iOS and/or Android)
- .NET, C# programmers
- Proven track record of success as it relates to the full lifecycle of product development, launch and LIVE support. (Shipped Titles)
- Unity networking experience, understanding of client / server architectures.